Every schoolbook photo to date has turned out poorly for Pepper Ann, but this year she is determined to get a good photo.
Unfortunately, she gets a pimple the day before it's time to take the picture, and she's too embarrassed to buy pimple cream.
- The bus full of old people in this episode says "Cocoon Gables" on the side. This is a reference to the retirement home Pepper Ann has to volunteer at in "Cocoon Gables".
- The sheep jumping out of Pepper Ann's locker becomes somewhat of a running gag. Look for it again in "Radio Freak Hazelnut" and in her room in "One Angry Woman".
- In the original English version of the episode, the shoppers in the mall groan in disgust after Lydia shouts that Pepper Ann has her first pimple. However, in the Spanish version, the shoppers cheer.
- When Abraham Lincoln on the penny starts talking to Pepper Ann, the penny's date changes from 1972 to 1997. The date then changes back to 1972 when Lincoln stops talking.
Milo: Whoa, easy Zit Girl.
Pepper Ann: But what if someone sees me? From then on, I'll be known as 'Pimple Ann'!
Lydia: That's my daughter! The one with the pimple! My, she's not very photogenic...
Trinket: Where you goin', Pepper Ann?
Cissy: Yeah, where you goin'?
The Desk Gag Edit
"Ooh, five bucks!"
- Kathleen Wilhoite as Pepper Ann Pearson
- Jeff Bennett as Craig Bean, Pink-Eye Pete, Additional Voices
- Danny Cooksey as Milo Kamalani
- Clea Lewis as Nicky Little
- Pamela Segall as Moose Pearson
- April Winchell as Mom, Additional Voices
- Don Adams as Principal Herbert Hickey
- Kath Soucie as Cissy Rooney, Additional Voices
- Paddi Edwards as Vera Groober-Schwartz
- Cree Summer-Francks as Tessa and Vanessa James, Additional Voices
- Susan Tolsky as Aunt Janie
- Tino Insana as Uncle JoJo
- Jenna Van Oy as Trinket St. Blair
- Jess Harnell as Additional Voices